Welcome to IB!
Welcome to Kenner's IB Program
What is the IB Programme?
- The IB Programme at Kenner offers a specialized enriched curriculum unique in Peterborough which is internationally-minded and interdisciplinary.
- The IB is a KPR Board-supported programme and students are guaranteed busing if they live within Peterborough County.
What does an IB Diploma consist of?
- Students take a critical thinking course called the Theory of Knowledge which addresses the question “How do you know what you know?”
- The IB features an enhanced community leadership component service called Creativity Action and Service (CAS) of approximately 150 hours.
- With support from specially-trained faculty, students write a mini-thesis of 4000 words called the Extended Essay in a subject matter of the students own design.
- IB stands for International Baccalaureate, a challenging academic program for students in grade 11 and 12.
- The IB philosophy supports the idea of academic roundedness. As such, there are IB courses in 6 subject areas: English, French, Humanities, Sciences, Mathematics and Arts.
Programme Boundary and Busing
The International Baccalaureate Programme is available only to residents of the City of Peterborough, the County of Peterborough and one exceptional area that is the Village of Hastings and only that part of the village located on the North West side of the Trent River. In this manner, the school board and STSCO are making the Trent River the natural boundary for eligibility as an in-bounds student to these programs. Students on the other side of the river may be considered under the out of bounds policy should space be available on a bus serving the programs, but they will have to get to the bus on the North West side of the river. Note that regular transportation policy also applies. Namely, if you reside in Peterborough closer than the 3.2km, you will be in the walk zone.
How do I find out more? (Mark these dates!)
IB Open House
“Be IB for a Day!!”
Due To Covid-19 - No in-school date has been set
705-743-2181 x 259
There is currently no date for this event due to Covid-19 restrictions.
To register: go to Be IB for a Day event registration link
For more information or dietary concerns for attending students, please call Peter Mullins at 705-743-2181 ext. 259
How do I apply?
- Go to our website, or call Peter Mullins, our IB Coordinator, at 705-743-2181 x 259 for an application. Application deadline is January 24, 2021.
- You will need a copy of your recent report card, a letter of reference from a current teacher (see link on website for a blank reference letter), a sample piece of writing and samples of a recent Unit test in Math and Science.